QASSIM WING CHUN
Exercise Scientist/Martial Artist
Abdullah Qassim is an Exercise Scientist and Martial Artist. He has been involved in the Fitness Industry since 2003 at the age of 19 but has had the love for sports and fitness since childhood. In 2003 he started training in martial arts at Power House Taekwondo Academy. After receiving his Black Belt in 2010, he then also started training in Wing Chun Kung Fu in the Wong Shun Leung way of Chinese Boxing in Brunswick between 2010 and 2012.
The more Abdullah trained, the more he realised how much more there was to learn. His approach to martial arts and self-defence is to not rely on any particular style or technique but to become absolutely unpredictable. He began to realise how important grappling and ground fighting is to the world of martial arts and more importantly one’s own chances of survival.
By the beginning of 2013 he started to train in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) at the Nexus Gracie Academy in North Coburg. Abdullah has also been receiving Judo training to develop throwing and takedown skills. During the same time between 2013-16, Abdullah continued training Wing Chun but at the Shaolin Jee Shin Wing Chun Academy in Abbotsford and received a second Black Belt in martial arts and began teaching and sharing his knowledge and passion for martial arts and fitness.
- 2003 Gold - Victorian Taekwondo Championship
- 2006 Silver - Victorian Taekwondo Championship
- 2009 Gold - Melbourne Taekwondo Championship
- 2011 Bronze - Victorian Taekwondo Championship
- 2014 Participant - Shaolin Jee Shin Wing Chun Club Competition
- 2017 Bronze - Nexus Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Club Competition
Qualifications and Teaching experience:
Bachelor of Exercise Science and Human Movement / Bachelor of Psychological Studies - Victoria University (2013-17)
- Cert III & IV in Fitness (2012)
- Cert IV Sports Coaching (2013)
- Cert IV Training & Assessment (2010)
- Nutrition and Diet for Exercise and Physical Education (2014)
- Black Belt 2nd Dan Taekwondo (2003- 2020)
- Black Sash Wing Chun (2010-2020)
- Blue Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (2013-2020)
- Judo (2013-2018)
- MMA Fitness Qualified Trainer (2013)
- Martial Arts Coach (140 hours Work Placement 2017) Nexus Gracie Jiu Jitsu Academy
- Martial Arts Coach (70 hours Work Placement 2015) Shaolin Jee Shin Wing Chun Academy
Our aim is to motivate clients achieve their goals in fitness and martial arts, and to improve their health and lifestyle by providing personalised and a broad range of services based on their personal needs backed by years of training and education. We believe a healthy life starts at home.